Our unique recyclable packaging
All about our packaging…..
We want your meat to reach you in the best possible condition, so we use Woolcool to ensure everything that leaves us remains in the same perfect condition until it arrives with you within 24 hours of despatch.
Why we use wool…
- It is one of the most sustainable natural materials
- The 100% felted sheeps wool insulation is totally compostable and biodegradable, releasing valuable nitrates back into the soil (remember to take off the wrap though!).
- It is tested as food safe.
HOW YOUR ORDER IS PACKAGED…
- Your order will arrive in a strong cardboard box, whose construction provides up to 72 hours of performance
- Within that, we line the box with fleece liners, the high-performance insulation – provided by the natural wool fibres.
- A layer of sorba freeze gel packs, which keep cool for over 48hours is then added, and finally,
- Your meat products are placed in a re-usable insulated carrier bag.
- Woolcool Insulated Carrier Bags
- Pack lunch bags for work
- Delivering food for friends and family
Insulation liners and felted wool
- Filling cushions and pillows or re-upholstering chairs;
- A luxurious lining for a lucky dog or pampered cats bed;
- Tech-heads use the wool to line their backpacks and bags to protect their laptops and tablets;
- The liners can be rolled up to create draft excluders to block out cold breezes from your home;
- Wrap around pipes to provide insulation against freezing temperatures.
- You could even cut them to size to create cosy insoles for your wellies or boots.
The ideas are endless and we are delighted to be able to use this sustainable product which compliments our ethos here at Blairmore Farm!